Sunday, March 02, 2008

Steve Lazmo and Other Nonsense

Steve Lazmo has requested that I blog about Jengo Fett.
May I just take this moment to point out that Steve Lazmo, who looks a bit like Steve Buscemi, insists on wearing a hamburger for a hat? I would never want to take any advice from this ketchup-covered guy.
I could also mention that Jengo Fett--a character from the horrendous Star Wars "prequels" developed by a money-grubbing George Lucas who couldn't leave well enough alone--is hardly worth my time. I mean, at least Boba (Jengo's son, Boba Fett) had a kickin' rocket pack.
When I lived in Aberdeen (the cool Aberdeen in Scotland, not the lame ones in Maryland or Washington State), I used to walk past a house with a life-sized cut-out of Boba Fett in the window. It was intimidating. He wore full body armor and had a laser gun of some sort, not to mention that rocket-propelled jet pack. But Jengo? He just looks like some random dude. Not cool at all. Why would I want to write about him and his army of clones?
This whole topic makes me look like a geek. It doesn't help that I am currently drinking water out of a glass with Darth Vader on it. And a Stormtrooper. And Grand Moff Tarken. It's probably also a bad sign that my cat, cuddled up next to me, is named Wookie.
I guess I am a geek. But does that mean I can only write about Ewoks?
But what else to write about? I could describe the weather again, because it's been pretty wack. Yesterday, the temperature was in the 50s here in Laramie, which felt strangely mild. When I drove an hour south to Fort Collins, Colorado, the 2000 foot plus drop in elevation changed the temp to 70-something. Girls were wearing tank tops and flip flops and other alliterative clothing items. It was so warm, I had to take my sweater off and put the air conditioning on in the car (which seemed a horrible anti-environmental thing to do).
But last night, it dumped snow again, and it is still snowing now. I went cross-country skiing in the mountains this morning and there had to be a least 8 inches of new snow up there. It was very nice, but confusing. How will I recognize spring when it arrives?
I guess I'll notice when flowers start to bloom and trees to bud. Right now everything is still brown (and white) and sleeping. I wonder if crocuses grow here and will push themselves up through the remaining snow. Daffodils would come next, but the environment here may not be right for them. High-elevation flower troubles, you understand.
I noticed that a nearby house also has a life-sized cut-out of a movie star in the window. It's Ahh-nold as the Terminator. Scary, but just not a cool as Boba Fett.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hamburgers are so 2007. I now have a cheese-steak on my head.