Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Very Merry Cat Birthday



Today, in my best estimation, my cats turn 7 and 4. Sammy, born in Virginia, has been in more states than a lot of people. Wookie, once a wild Oregon kitten, is now the most spoiled of lap cats. We celebrated the day with some cloth mice and a new laser pointer. Perhaps a little catnip might be in order, although by the looks of them, they hardly need it!

_____________________




Besides enjoying cat birthdays, today I received some mail from my mom. She had enclosed a letter that I had written as a joke when I was thirteen. It was amazing; in tone, in humor, it sounded like I had written it just the other day. I thought I would have developed a little further from the mindset of a young teenager, but I suppose in essentials we remain the same as we ever were (in my case, sarcastic and difficult).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos of the cats:) Even Sammy looks happy;) Had to catch up on your blog reading, haven't read anything for months! When will your novel come out?

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with your cats? Do they have some sort of problem with their sense of balance? It could be an inner-ear problem, something you should get checked out. Cats, as a general rule, ought to be standing on their legs. I should know, I am a Vet with lots of training in feline standing habits.