Monday, January 08, 2007

Good Thing I Don't Believe in...

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS: It's more than a week into 2007, so it's about time I got my act together and wrote a blog. If I believed in new year's resolutions, I would have forced myself sit down and write long before this evening. I would have been racked with guilt that I last created a blog entry well before Christmas, and I would have felt bad until I came up with a worthy topic. This way, fortunately, I can write this lame excuse for a blog and be quite content.

ADVERTISING: I don't believe anything anyone on any infomercial tries to tell me. I don't think that I need Requip for twitchy legs or Lunesta to get a good night sleep. I don't need a hemi in my engine or representation by a crooked lawyer. I still don't want a cell phone, a Tivo, or a fast food meal no matter how often those sort of images are thrown in my face. But wait, there's more! Imagine how much money I save by being so skeptical!

ASTROLOGY: Well, according to my horoscope in the local paper, Jupiter is rising in my sign for the first time in years, so 2007 is looking up to be a great year. Good thing I don't believe in astrology or I might have to blame myself instead of my stars when things start to fall apart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about Ron Popeil and Chef Tony?