Thursday, November 01, 2007

Nibbles Johnson Returns



The mushrooms in the forest are long gone, but I've still been given a chance to cry "Nibbles!" This little guy and his buddies were the highlight of my Halloween. Well, that and all the left-over peanut butter cups. I enjoyed watching the gradual destruction of all the neighborhood pumpkins, and I was greatly amused when they started sampling mine. Even better, they ate the whiskers off the cat-o-lantern first. It's like us eating the ears off a chocolate bunny.


Very few trick-or-treaters came to the house, even though it's in a nice little neighborhood. Perhaps the half eaten pumpkin was just too scary. That's okay, because I don't like answering the door anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omigosh, that little guy is so freakin' adorable. Totally made my morning.

I'd like to genetically engineer a squirrel crossed with a rabbit -- they'd have floppy ears, squirrelly tails, and climb trees. Rabbits seem to lack any proper defense against predators, and the tree climbing ability of the squirrel seems crucial. Perhaps this could liberate female rabbits from having to breed like a... well, rabbit... in order to ensure the species. And the cuteness of the squabbit can't be denied.

(This is what happens when I'm desperate to think about anything but work/school.)

Anonymous said...

Squirrels are known carriers of the plague, which means that squabbits would be a public health concern.