Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Domestic Cat

Okay, perhaps the housecat, Felis catus, does not exactly fit into a nature blog, but it was a pretty gloomy, blah day, and, hey, I like cats. On my walk today I saw a neighbor cat Millie, who I call "Gangle Cat" because I first met her when she was in that long-legged big kitten phase. She is no longer gangly, and is a quite pretty grey and white cat with a nose that nicely matches the wall in this photo
.

Interestingly enough, at least to me, she is not sitting in front of her own house, but in front of another neighbor's, whose garden has a bit of bare dirt suitable for rolling in.  Millie was looking quite dusty and pleased with herself.

Further along my walk on this gray but not snowy day, I saw a kitty in a south facing window, trying to absorb all the warmth he could.  I think our temps here today were warmer than Wisconsin, but this cat could rest easy content in the knowledge that the Packers are having rather a good season.



Tomorrow, I'm hoping to encounter a little wilder wildlife.



No comments: