Saturday, January 28, 2006

Blog Leeches

I'm getting a little tired of this "Stig" fellow stealing my thunder. I've graciously allowed access to my blog, and I am pleased to have friendly comments posted. I do not appreciate, however, clever little weasels posting responses that are far more funny than anything I have contributed. So, to Stig I would like to say: I started this blog, you wretched little traffic kone, and if you have so much entertaining nonsense to spew, please create your own site. Parasites like you make me want to spray pesticides all over the place, and I am a proponent of organic farming.
Incidently, Stig, you seem remarkably like a pathological liar.
There. I feel better now, getting that off my chest. Now I can spend time writing entries on my experiences fighting off Yeti attacks in Nepal and chronicling that year I excavated both dinosaurs and mummies (and a few mummified dinosaurs--very cool Pharoah Pterodactyls) in central Greenland. Not to mention the time I spent cultivating the Venus Cockroach Trap species of plant (also known as the "Venus Palmetto Bug Trap" in the Southeast) as a natural alternative to bug spray. Well, more on all of that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look Fizz, I must object (vehemently) to your suggestion that I am some kind of liar. I should tell you now that I am contemplating legal action against you. I should also tell you that my lawyer was once a law clerk for former Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black, so he knows his stuff. I would sue you myself--I have a law degree from UW--but I was disbarred three years ago on trumped up charges. Besides my speciality was not civil law. So, I highly encourage you to blog a retraction and cease in the future from impugning my otherwise good character.
Now, as to the content of your last entry. You clearly have NOT done any archeological work in Greenland. And I should know since I was an intern in the Danish Bureau of Excavation and Archeology in Copenhagen during the mid 90s. Central Greenland archeology is a tricky busniess, requiring special equipment and tons of permits. I asked my friend Sven to check up on recent applications for these permits and he reported back to me that the last substantial archeological work in central Greenland was in 2001. And unless your name is Yevgeny Pensikov (the famous Moscow-based archeologist), it wasn't you. I know Yevgeny personally (I have an autographed copy of his seminal 1995 work "New questions and old answers: Digging in Greenland) and his focus does not date back to the Jurassic period.
But, don't you think Nepal has gotten too touristy? That was certainly my last impression. I mean, you can't even visit a Buddhist monastary in Lalitpur or Gangfok without encountering some slighly red-faced, obnoxious person from Columbus, Ohio commenting (often loudly) that they just don't "get" how people can live without their caramel lattes.