Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Joining the Crowd

My literary friend has finally plied me with enough compliments and guilt to force me to go along with this blogging nonsense. Having always been harshly critical, especially of my own life and creations, I have felt hesitant about posting my thoughts to the internet world. My journal attempts of the past have always ended up shredded or destroyed in available fireplaces, so I do have some legitimate concerns for the safety of my computer. I've decided to graciously go along with this idea in the smug comfort that all computers eventually crash and my words will soon end up in some internet black hole.

Therefore, I will attempt a healthy catharsis by foisting my opinions on the unsuspecting reader.

Some opinions hereby foisted: People should stop dressing animals up as humans. Leaf blowers are useless and annoying. Americans would benefit from a daily siesta or tea-time (or both). Watching lizards do push-ups is a worthwhile activity.

2 comments:

feminist chick said...

Yay for the new blog!! I love it!

What's your stance on canine Halloween costumes? Will my dressing Murphy as a hot dog last year mean you'll think less of me? :)

axldebaxar said...

Dogs can be considered and exception to my gripe because most dogs enjoy anything that pleases their human friends, even if it requires looking silly. Some dogs have also been bred with such short fur that they probably really need those sweaters. I was criticizing ad campaigns of chimpanzees wearing suits and all of those email forwards of cats looking miserable dressed in bonnets. Don't get me started on water-skiing squirrels...