Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Fresh-mess-maker

The new fad of Diet Coke and Mentos homemade rocket fountains has been getting a lot of attention. Besides television and newspaper spots dedicated to this crazy stunt, lots of people are trying out their own versions (many which end up in videos on the web). Although I don't really have any interest in making my own soda mess, I'm amused by the whole idea. It made me laugh one evening to pass a small group of middle-aged people trying their carbonated rocket skills in a quiet parking lot.
One question has puzzled me since I first heard of this phenomenon: if this mixture is so powerful, what happens when a person drinks Diet Coke and eats Mentos at the same time? While I don't really believe that anything truly interesting or dangerous would happen in this scenario, I'm not willing to experiment. Thanks to Dee for providing the answer:
http://www.revver.com/video/31264/
I especially enjoy the woman's dance moves as she shakes up her personal mixture.

No comments: