Sunday, October 14, 2007

October Snow


I think snow in October is a big deal. So when I got up this morning and saw white covering the ground, I did what any normal person would do: I went for a walk and took pictures. Funny, I hardly saw anyone out on the street. I don't know why.

The town looked quite pretty all in white, and I didn't even feel that cold. Granted, I was wearing two sweaters, a fleece and my ski jacket, but I only had on two pairs of non-wool socks and one pair of gloves. For once, the wind had stopped blowing, and the large flakes were drifting peacefully down from the grey sky. I enjoyed walking around the university in the quiet morning.



At first I thought that the blanket of snow made the T.Rex less frightening but then I wondered if he was just patiently waiting in his camoflauge for an unsuspecting person to walk by. I kept my eye on him, and he generously let me pass.


The contrast of the snow with the autumn yellows and reds really worked. Mother nature did a bang up job on this one.


Once the snow turned into a cold rain, I decided it was a good day to carve a pumpkin, drink a latte and eat chocolate-pumpkin bread. Mmmm. I chose to make a cat-o-lantern, because I just don't have enough cat-related stuff in my house.

The project took more time than I expected. I guess I am just a nerdy perfectionist, but I also have very little experience with knives. Those knife-throwing lessons just never took. It felt good to use my artistic abilities in a October-appropriate way, since the weather seemed more January-ish.

My cats were neither impressed nor scared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genuine Knife throwing lessons. 100% money back guarantee. Bull's eyes all day long. Large selection of knives. Sign up now for prize (set of pocket knifes).
Many happy customers.

--Jon Pertwee