Thursday, February 09, 2012

Domestic Dog

On my walks through town, I am often greeted by friendly neighborhood dogs, Canis lupus familiaris.   Numerous houses have fenced yards or dog runs so the pooches can come say "hi".  Since they're not attached to people by leashes, I can take their pictures without their owners being weird about it.  The Gangle Dog in the following picture used to have an old lab-mix friend who must have recently died.  He was alone for a little bit, but now has a new, sweet-faced little friend who is almost as gangle-legged as he is.  They both seem like nice critters.


Further up the street is this funny guy, who watches for his people from a front window.  Whenever I look at him or wave or smile, he disappears from the window, runs out through his doggie door, and appears at a gate on the side of the house to bark a hello.  His predictable antics always make me laugh.


Don't let the chicken wire and chain link fool you.  I think these spoiled dogs probably have it pretty good.  They just don't quite know what to make of weirdos passing by and taking their pictures.


No comments: